This tutorial will cover how to create an Auth0 Machine-to-Machine (M2M) application to consume the Management API in server-side flows. Using this API is useful if you need to create flows that:
- Create users programmatically.
- Update users information.
- Read users information.
After creating this application, you will be able to connect your Auth0 account to Arengu using the following settings:
- Client ID
- Client secret
- Tenant domain (eg. arengu.eu.auth0.com)
1. Create the M2M application
Go to your Auth0 dashboard under Application > Applications and create a new application and select the "Machine to Machine Applications" option:
In the next step, select the Auth0 Management API:
Then, you will be prompted to choose the scopes for this application:
Mark the necessary scopes depending on the actions you expect to use:
- Create user: create:users.
- Update user: update:users and update:users_app_metadata.
- Get user: read:users and read:user_idp_tokens.
2. Getting your Auth0 connection ready
Once the application is created, go to the Settings tab:
Here you will find all the necessary information to configure your Auth0 connection in Arengu:
Arengu will already handle all the logic to generate the production access tokens and perform the actions you add to your flows.